Wednesday 27 March 2013

My practice – part 5

 3rd block after overnight etch has been cleaned off with water.

3rd block before printing.

 Here's the proof.

Again, I have scanned in the 3rd block proof into the computer and overlayed it onto the previous 2 blocks in photoshop. This enables me to play around with colour, transparency, editing the blocks and preparing new ones. I have decided that the 'pink' sky block needs some more white  space, so I am going to etch away more of the 'sky'. Also, I will cut 2 more blocks and etch more water marks, as I want a really textured and complex layered effect.

6 comments:

  1. So amazing, so fantastic, so exciting, so beautiful, so inspiring,so........thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerry-Jane! I am glad someone is reading and getting something out of the blog. :-) If anything seems unclear in the process, let me know so I can make it clearer...

      Delete
    2. As a bit of a dinosaur, it's the computer bit I don't know how to do! The rest makes great sense. I am going to try again now I have some time. Looking forward to getting out the stop out varnish! Yum yum yum :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for these postings and for sharing your working method for etched linoleum. Your prints of London are striking, with beautiful, painterly textures and layers of color, and a nice contrast between the textures of river and sky and the hard-edged architecture. I would enjoy taking a class or workshop to learn the technique but unfortunately I don’t live in Britain. Perhaps I’ll try this at home one day. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how did a final multi block print work out or will I see it later in the blog? Thanks for your method, great detail.
    Paul Hudson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'm DEFINITELY going to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete